Problem: Unable to complete the ArcGIS Server site disaster recovery workflow with Business Analyst Server installed
Unable to recreate the ArcGIS Server site when performing the disaster recovery for ArcGIS Enterprise workflow with ArcGIS Business Analyst Server installed.
This is a known limitation due to BUG-000102483.
Solution or Workaround
Perform a clean uninstall of Business Analyst Server before recreating the ArcGIS Server site.
- Delete all the files in the .site folders from the following directories:
- Uninstall Business Analyst Server silently. Refer to ArcGIS Blog: Uninstalling Business Analyst Server with a Simple Command for more information.
Note: Performing a silent uninstall of Business Analyst Server is necessary because the regular uninstallation process requires the Primary Site Administrator's credentials for the ArcGIS Server site. These credentials do not work without an active ArcGIS Server site.
- Recreate the ArcGIS Server site in the disaster recovery workflow. Refer to Portal for ArcGIS: Configure disaster recovery for ArcGIS Enterprise for more information.
- Reinstall Business Analyst Server. Refer to Esri: Installing Business Analyst Server for more information.
- ArcGIS Blog: Uninstalling Business Analyst Server with a Simple Command
- Portal for ArcGIS: Configure disaster recovery for ArcGIS Enterprise
- ArcGIS Server: What is ArcGIS Business Analyst Server?
- GeoNet: High Availability and Disaster Recovery.pdf