How To: Export an ArcGIS Online web map to a georeferenced PDF file
ArcGIS Online does not provide the capability to export a web map to a georeferenced PDF file directly in Map Viewer. To do so, create an ArcGIS Web AppBuilder application from the web map, and use the Print widget to export the map to a PDF file. This preserves the coordinate information of the web map in the exported PDF file.
To export an ArcGIS Online web map to a georeferenced PDF file in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, follow the steps below.
- In ArcGIS Online, open the web map in Map Viewer.
- Create an ArcGIS Web AppBuilder application from the Map Viewer. Refer to Create your first app for steps to do this.
- Add the Print widget to the created web application. For more information on how to configure and use the Print widget, refer to Print widget.
- Click Save to save the web application configurations, and click Launch. The web application is opened in a new page or tab.
- Export the map as a PDF file using the Print widget. The output PDF file is listed in the Print pane. Click the PDF file to open and download it to a local folder.
Note: To export a map of a specific area or extent, zoom in to the area of interest or the desired extent, click Advanced in the Print widget, and select map extent for Preserve. Click Print to print the map.
- Open the downloaded PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the map coordinate information.
- In Adobe Acrobat Reader, click Tools, and select Measure.
- Click Geospatial Location Tool, and hover over the map to view the coordinate information. The Latitude and Longitude information is displayed on the bottom right corner of the PDF file.
- ArcGIS Web AppBuilder: What is ArcGIS Web AppBuilder?
- ArcGIS Web AppBuilder: Print widget
- ArcGIS Online: What is the coordinate system of the web maps in Map Viewer, and can I change it?
- ArcGIS Online: Get started with Map Viewer
- FAQ: Is it possible to print a web map directly from the ArcGIS Online map viewer as a PDF?
- Problem: XY data are not displayed automatically in ArcGIS Online
Last Published: 9/23/2020
Article ID: 000021050
Software: ArcGIS Online 8.2