How To: Export an ArcGIS Online web map to a georeferenced PDF file
ArcGIS Online does not provide the capability to export a web map to a georeferenced PDF file directly in Map Viewer. To do so, a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS application must be created from the web map, and the Print widget must be used to export the map to a PDF file. This preserves the coordinate information of the web map in the exported PDF file.
To export an ArcGIS Online web map to a georeferenced PDF file in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, follow the steps below.
- In ArcGIS Online, open the web map in Map Viewer.
- Create a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS application from the Map Viewer. Refer to Create your first app for steps to do this.
- Add the Print widget to the web application created. For more information on how to configure and use the Print widget, refer to Print widget.
- Click Save to save the web application configurations, and click Launch. The web application is opened in a new page or tab.
- Export the map as a PDF file using the Print widget. The output PDF file is listed in the Print pane. Click the PDF file to open and download it to a local folder.
- Open the downloaded PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the map coordinate information.
- In Adobe Acrobat Reader, click Tools, and select Measure.
- Click Geospatial Location Tool, and hover over the map to view the coordinate information. The Latitude and Longitude information is displayed on the bottom right corner of the PDF file.
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: What is Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS?
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Print widget
- ArcGIS Online: What is the coordinate system of the web maps in Map Viewer, and can I change it?
- ArcGIS Online: View maps in Map Viewer
- FAQ: Is it possible to print a web map directly from the ArcGIS Online map viewer as a PDF?
- Problem: XY data are not displayed automatically in ArcGIS Online