How To: Configure an Integromat webhook to upload ArcGIS Survey123 Feature Reports to a cloud service provider
By default, ArcGIS Survey123 is unable to directly save survey results on a cloud service (such as Google Drive and One Drive). Survey123 must be configured with Integromat to save survey results on a cloud service. Integromat is a third-party workflow service to connect apps, transfer data and transform data.
Note: Integromat is a third-party service. Esri is not liable for positioning inaccuracies, subsequent updates, errors, or omissions of data.
This article describes how to use Integromat's webhook support to automatically save a Survey123 survey form report on a cloud service.
In this article, a survey response and a survey report form are configured and generated in Survey123, and the report file is downloaded and uploaded to Google Drive via Integromat.
- Create a survey and a report template in ArcGIS Survey123.
- Sign in to Integromat.
- At the top-right corner, click Create a new scenario.
- Search for Survey123 in the Search box, click on the icon, and click Continue.
- Click the icon to select a module. Click Survey123 > Watch survey.
- In the Survey123 module setting, click Add to configure Webhook.
- In the Add a hook pop-up, enter a name for Webhook.
- Click Add under the Connection header. By default, the Connection name is set to My ArcGIS Online connection. Click Continue.
- Select Survey from which to retrieve information and responses.
- Click Save > OK to close the module settings.
- Click Add another module to connect two modules. In the pop-up, select Survey123 > Create feature report.
- Configure the feature report in Survey123 with the Create feature report module. Settings are specific to each module. Refer to Module settings for more information.
- Click Add under the Connection header, and select the same survey used in Step 5d from the Survey header drop-down.
- Specify the Report Template.
- Specify the Feature ObjectID to include in the report. The following expression indicates the survey records for the generated reports:
1.Response: addResults: objectID
- Click OK to close the module settings.
- Click Add another module to add the HTTP module.
- In the pop-up, search HTTP, and click HTTP > Get a file.
Note: Use Get a file to download a file from a URL. This function directs the URL from the report output to download the report successfully.
- Specify a URL for the output of the Survey123 report. The following URL directs to the file in ArcGIS Survey123 of the last run report:
2. resultInfo: resultFiles: url
- Click OK.
- Click Add another module to add the Upload a File module.
- In the pop-up, search for Google Drive, and click Google Drive > Upload a file.
- Specify Destination and a Target folder to place the file.
- For Source file, select the HTTP-Get a File module.
- Click OK.
- Click Run once. This automation monitors the specified survey for new responses, generates a feature report for every new feature, downloads the report file, and uploads the report file to the desired location (Google Drive).
Note: Turn on SCHEDULING to record survey responses within a desired time frame.
Note: There are many options to customize and alter Integromat scenarios. Another popular option is to use the Cloud Convert module to convert the .docx file created from the feature report, and convert it to any number of file formats such as a .pdf. The Cloud Convert module is placed after the HTTP module, and downloads the .docx file from the created Feature Report link in the Survey123 module. The .docx file is subsequently converted to a .pdf and attached to the outgoing email.
- ArcGIS Survey123: Webhooks
- GeoNet: Generate Reports from Survey123 via Webhooks
- GeoNet: Getting Started with Survey123 and Intergromat
- Integromat: Create a feature report and upload it to OneDrive for Business when a survey is submitted
- Integromat: Types of modules
- Integromat: Connecting to services
Last Published: 7/30/2020
Article ID: 000020865
Software: Configurable Web Apps Zone.Look.up, time.aware.2016, time.aware.2015, time.aware.2012, summary.viewer, story.map.tour, story.map.swipe.and.spyglass, story.map.shortlist, story.map.series, story.map.journal, story.map.crowdsource, story.map.cascade, story.map.basic.2015, story.map.basic.2012, simple.scene.viewer, simple.map.viewer.2014, simple.map.viewer.2012, scene.styler, public.information, public.gallery, Nearby, minimalist.2016, minimalist.2015, minimal.gallery, media.map, maps.and.apps.gallery, map.tools, map.styler, map.carousel, local.perspective, live.map.beta, layer.showcase, Interactive.Legend, information.lookup, impact.summary, imagery.viewer, image.visit, image.mask, image.interpretation, Geoform, geo.list, finder.2014, finder.2013, find.edit.filter.march.2014, find.edit.filter.july.2014, filter.2014, filter.2012, elevation.profile.2015, elevation.profile.2013, elevation.profile.2012, edit.2015, edit.2013, Directions, Current, crowdsource.reporter, crowdsource.polling, crowdsource.manager, compare.scenes, compare.analysis.2015, compare.analysis.2013, compare, classic.viewer, category.gallery, Basic.Viewer.2016, Basic.Viewer.2014, Attachment.Viewer, 3d.data.visualization ArcGIS Survey123 3.9, 3.8, 3.7, 3.6, 3.5, 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, 2.9.Classic, 2.8