Problem: Drone2Map for ArcGIS license file overrides the ArcGIS Pro license file in ArcGIS License Manager 2018.1
A Drone2Map for ArcGIS license file generated from My Esri overrides ArcGIS Pro licenses when authorized on ArcGIS License Manager 2018.1. The licenses override one another, allowing only one to be used, and not both. This issue only occurs with license files containing a media access control (MAC) address.
The content of the Drone2Map for ArcGIS license file is incorrect, causing the license manager to read Drone2Map for ArcGIS licenses as ArcGIS Pro licenses. When authorizing using this license file, the license manager overrides existing ArcGIS Pro Named User licenses in the service.txt file.
Solution or Workaround
To circumvent the issue, follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to the Drone2Map for ArcGIS license file.
- Right-click the license file and select Edit. This opens the file in Notepad.
- Search for the following line:
INCREMENT Drone2MapN ArcGIS <version> <license expiry date>
- Edit the line to the following:
INCREMENT drone2MapN ArcGIS <version> <license expiry date>
- Click File > Save.
- Reauthorize the software using the saved license file.
- Drone2Map for ArcGIS Help: Install and authorize Drone2Map for ArcGIS
- Drone2Map for ArcGIS Help: Manage Drone2Map licenses