How To: Rebuild the index in Portal for ArcGIS 10.7
When the portal's index is corrupted and causes errors such as discrepancy between the store and index count that cannot be resolved by reindexing the portal, users may rebuild the index.
The steps below describe how to rebuild the index in Portal for ArcGIS 10.7:
- Stop the Portal for ArcGIS Windows service. Refer to ArcGIS Enterprise: Stopping and starting the portal for steps to do this.
- Navigate to ...\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template and unzip the empty_index.zip file. Note the names of the three folders extracted.
- Navigate to C:\arcgisportal\index\nodes\0\indices.
- Find three folders that have the same folder name as the three folders extracted from the empty_index file in step 2. Create a new folder and move the three folders from C:\arcgisportal\index\nodes\0\indices to this new folder.
- Copy and paste the extracted folders from the empty_index file to C:\arcgisportal\index\nodes\0\indices.
- Start the portal's Windows service. Refer to ArcGIS Enterprise: Stopping and starting the portal for steps to do this.
- Log in to the Portal Administrator directory with an Administrator role.
Note: The URL for the Portal Administrator directory is https://<machine>.<domain>.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin/
- Click System > Indexer > Reindex.
- Click the Mode drop-down list, and select Full. Leave all the other settings at default. Click Reindex. This rebuilds the portal's index.