Problem: Unable to create and delete workbooks in Insights for ArcGIS
Attempting to create a workbook in Insights for ArcGIS 3.1 returns the error message:
Error: Something went wrong.
An untitled workbook is created as a result. Attempting to delete the workbook fails, returning the error message:
Error: Some items were not deleted because they are delete protected or have dependent items.
This is caused by an undefined error during the ArcGIS Datastore configuration.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
Warning: The following workaround instructs the user to unregister the data store. Unregistering the data store stops all services containing data from the data store from functioning. This does not delete the data. If the data is needed, users can use the registerdatastore or configuredatastore utility to add it back. Refer to ArcGIS Enteprise: unregisterdatastore for more information on unregistering data stores.
- Unregister the ArcGIS Datastore in Server Manager. Stop the ArcGIS Datastore Windows service.
- Navigate to the arcgisdatastore folder (located on your installation Drive), and rename it (typically arcgisdatastore_old'). Restart the ArcGIS Datastore Windows service.
- Use Command Prompt to run the configuredatastore.bat file. Refer to ArcGIS Enterprise: configuredatastore for information on the command utilities and syntaxes.
- Navigate to the arcgisdatastore folder, and open the pgdata folder. Open the pg_hba.conf file. Check the contents of the file, and ensure ins_xxxx users are listed.
- Run the describedatastore.bat file. Refer to ArcGIS Enterprise: describedatastore for information on this command utility.
- Confirm the information is present in the following order:
- Owning system URL: the URL of the GIS Server site which the data store is registered to.
- Portal for ArcGIS URL: must be the URL of the portal using the GIS Server site as its hosting server.
- Data store mode is set to READWRITE.
It is now possible to create and delete workbooks.
- ArcGIS Server: Register your data with ArcGIS Server using Server Manager
- ArcGIS Enterprise: ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference
Last Published: 9/8/2021
Article ID: 000020583
Software: ArcGIS Insights (Enterprise) 3.4.1, 3.4, 3.3.1, 3.3, 3.2.1, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, 2021.2.1, 2021.2, 2021.1.1, 2021.1, 2020.3, 2020.2, 2020.1, 2.3, 2.2.1, 2.1, 2.0, 1.2.1, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0