FAQ: Is it possible to order points based on a selected column in Story Map Tour?
Is it possible to order points based on a selected column in Story Map Tour?
No, it is not possible to order points based on a selected column or field in the Story Map Tour application. When building a Story Map using the Story Map Tour template, by default, the order of the points is driven by the ObjectID. The data order on the application reflects the data order from the CSV file, shapefile or feature service shared to ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.
Use one of the following alternatives to order the points in Story Map Tour:
Order the points manually using the Organize button
- In the Story Map Tour application, click Organize to order the points manually.
- In the Organize the tour dialog box, drag and drop the image to sort the points.
- Click Apply.
Sort the points in the selected column using the Sort tool
The Sort tool sorts the selected column in ascending or descending order.
- In ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, navigate to the Sort tool.
- In the Sort tool dialog box, set the layer to be reordered in Input Dataset.
- Set a name and location for Output Dataset.
- In Field(s), select the field containing the values that will be used to reorder the input records.
- Select Sort Method.
- Click OK.
- Publish the feature layer containing the sorted field as a service from ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.
- Use the published feature service to create a web map and use the web map to create a Story Map Tour.
- Publish the feature layer
- Create a Story Map Tour
- Story Map Tour: Overview
- Story Map: Story Map Tour Tutorial
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Sort