Problem: Unable to use the Enrich Layer tool in Portal for ArcGIS
Using the Enrich Layer tool in Portal for ArcGIS Map Viewer causes errors that render the tool inaccessible. Examples of the errors returned are:
Error: Request error: Unable to load...:status 502.
Error: You are currently signed in as '<portal username>'. You do not have access to this resource: <portal URL>
The GeoEnrichment utility service is not accessible if the credentials of the ArcGIS Online account used to configure the utility service have been updated.
Solution or Workaround
Update the ArcGIS Online credentials and reset the GeoEnrichment utility services by following the steps below:
- Log in to the portal as an administrator.
- Click Organization > Edit Settings (Settings tab if using Portal 10.7 or higher) > ArcGIS Online.
- Under Configure Utility Services, uncheck the GeoEnrichment check box.
- Check the GeoEnrichment check box again and enter the updated credentials for ArcGIS Online.
- Click Configure.
- Portal for ArcGIS: Configure ArcGIS Online utility services
- Portal for ArcGIS: Enrich Layer
- Error: Error invoking service