Bug: Unable to run Tapestry Profile report in Target Marketing as US Household Tapestry Profile errors when selected as the base and which also affects the US Adults Tapestry Profile base when used as base
An error is returned when US Household Tapestry Profile or US Adult Tapestry Profile are selected as base while setting up the Tapestry Profile Report.
The Profile.xml file associated with each of these base US Profiles incorrectly references the Business Analyst datasets release year. The Segmentation System value should be set to '2014'.
To resolve the issue, two files in the Segmentation Profiles folder must be updated for the Esri US 2018 Data Update.
- Download the Segmentation Profiles folder, which contains updated XML files.
- Overwrite the Segmentation Profiles folder within the 2018 dataset path. For default installations, the folder should be copied to:
This issue also affects the Esri 2017 dataset. If this dataset is installed, download the 2017 Segmentation Profiles folder and overwrite the existing folder within the following path: C:\ArcGIS\Business Analyst\US_2017\Datasets\
Once the Profile.xml files have been updated the Tapestry Profile report can be run with either US Households Tapestry Profile, or US Adults Tapestry Profile applied as a base.
- 2018 Segmentation Profiles.zip
- 2017 Segmentation Profiles.zip
- FAQ: How do I install and access Business Analyst data on a shared network drive?