Problem: The Near Me widget freezes and does not return results in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
The Near Me widget configured with the Direction settings in a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS application is used to find features within a buffer and to get driving directions to a defined location. In some instances, when using the Near Me widget to get directions to a selected feature, the widget freezes and does not return any result.
One probable cause is the shape field of the search layer(s) configured with the Near Me widget is hidden. The shape field is the geometry field for the layer(s), and it is required to perform a spatial query on the layer(s).
Solution or Workaround
To solve this issue, make the shape field of the layer(s) visible in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, and republish the layer(s) to ArcGIS Online to be used in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
- In ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, add the layer(s) to the map and make the shape field visible.
- Publish the layer(s) to ArcGIS Online. Refer to Publish hosted feature layers for steps to do this.
- In ArcGIS Online, add the new feature layer(s) to the web map used to create the web application.
- Create a new web application from the web map containing the new feature layer(s).
- In Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, add and configure the Near Me widget to use the new layer(s) as the search layer(s).
- Portal for ArcGIS: Near Me widget
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Create your first app
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Near Me widget
- How To: Configure the naming conventions of the Near Me widget results