How To: Test ArcGIS TLS 1.2 connections to ArcGIS Online
The following is a list of URLs for testing TLS 1.2-only connections to ArcGIS Online.
Note: These URLs are not for testing ArcGIS Online capabilities, but have been provided specifically for validating TLS 1.2-only connections for ArcGIS Desktop systems, and for testing third-party apps and custom components calling Esri's geocoding services, ArcGIS Server content services, and basemaps.
ArcGIS Desktop Validation
A Desktop client validation procedure and test URL are provided to perform a quick validation check that ArcGIS Desktop systems work with TLS 1.2-only connections. See: How To: Validate TLS 1.2 connections for ArcGIS Desktop
Use the following URLs to test TLS 1.2-only connections for third-party apps and custom components that use these ArcGIS Online services:
- Geocoding services: Use this URL to test third-party apps and custom components calling our geocoding services for compatibility with TLS 1.2-only:
- ArcGIS Server content services: Use this URL to test third-party apps and custom components calling our ArcGIS Server content services for compatibility with TLS 1.2-only:
- Basemaps: Customers utilizing third-party apps and custom components calling our ArcGIS Server content services can test for compatibility with TLS 1.2-only:
If a connection to a REST services directory is established, TLS 1.2 connections are properly configured.
- Display authentication: Use this URL to test if non-browser-based apps (such as mobile or custom apps) will appropriately display the user authentication page for ArcGIS Online when TLS 1.2-only is enforced.
The test is successful if the user sees a prompt for username and password information.
EAP ArcGIS Online Validation: Customers participating in our Early Adopter Program (EAP), can validate the capabilities of how they utilize ArcGIS Online within a test environment: https://www.esri.com/en-us/early-adopter
- Important Updates for the ArcGIS Platform and Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Support
- How To: Validate TLS 1.2 connections for ArcGIS Desktop
- GeoNET Blog: ArcGIS Online TLS Changes: Alternative Testing Methods
- GeoNET Blog: ArcGIS Online TLS Changes: Alternative Testing Methods – Mobile Edition
- FAQ: What are the implications for ArcObjects SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework and ArcGIS Engine .NET client applications when enforcing TLS 1.2-only connections?
- Bug: ArcMap crashes after applying the TLS 1.2 patch