How To: Include a survey from Survey123 for ArcGIS in Collector for ArcGIS for offline data collection
In some instances, a survey created from Survey123 for ArcGIS may be incorporated in Collector for ArcGIS for offline data collection. Field workers may edit and update the map in Collector for ArcGIS and simultaneously collect data or information for certain locations on the map using Survey123 for ArcGIS.
The following instructions describe how to include a survey from Survey123 for ArcGIS in Collector for ArcGIS for offline data collection:
- Create and publish a survey in Survey123 for ArcGIS to ArcGIS Online. For more detailed steps, refer to Survey123 for ArcGIS: Create and publish a survey.
- Create a web map using the survey's feature layer in ArcGIS Online for the offline data collection in Collector for ArcGIS.
Note: Ensure the survey's feature layer is editable and can be synched. For more information, refer to ArcGIS Online: Manage editor settings.
- Log in to ArcGIS Online using the organizational username and password. Click Content.
- In the Folders section, select the survey folder and click the hosted feature layer. In this example, the hosted feature layer is NewSurvey.
- Add the feature layer to a new map and select the desired basemap for the offline data collection.
- Save and share the web map.
- Open the attribute table of the feature layer to view the field column which represents the questions in the survey.
- Use the web map created in Step 2 to collect data and answer the survey questions concurrently in Collector for ArcGIS.
- Log in to Collector for ArcGIS on a mobile device using the organizational username and password.
- Open the web map created in Step 2.
- Zoom to the desired map extent required for offline data collection and click Download.
Note: In offline mode, data points can only be collected within the extent of the downloaded area.
- Once the web map is downloaded, open the web map to collect data and answer the survey questions while offline.
- Click the Sync icon to update and sync the offline data collected in Collector for ArcGIS when back online.
- In ArcGIS Online, open the web map and the attribute table of the survey's feature layer to view the survey answers.
Note: When the web map is synced each time in Collector for ArcGIS, the survey's feature layer in ArcGIS Online is overwritten. The new survey answers are appended to the base of the attribute table.
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Create and publish a survey
- ArcGIS Online: Manage editor settings
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Integrate with other apps
- Collector for ArcGIS Windows (Classic): Go offline
- ArcGIS Online: Share maps
- Collector for ArcGIS: Prepare for offline data collection