Problem: The download button for default app templates does not display in ArcGIS Online
When attempting to build a custom web application from either a web map or from scratch, the Download button for default app templates does not appear in the Create a New Web App dialog window.
This issue occurs due to the ArcGIS Online Organization account referencing a custom configurable apps group. The Esri Default Templates may not be shared to this group and this causes problems when trying to download or create apps from these templates.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Log in to ArcGIS Online, navigate to the Organization tab, and select the Settings sub-tab.
- On the left pane, select the Map tab, and scroll down to the Configurable Apps Group section.
- In the drop-down menu for templates, change the custom template to Esri Default, and change the template back to the custom template again.
Note: Ensure the 'Share the Esri default configurable apps to this group when you click Save.' option is checked.
- Click Save.
In the event the default templates still do not appear when creating the custom app, as an alternative, re-create the group and reconfigure the custom group settings.
- ArcGIS Help: Configure map
- ArcGIS Help: Configurable apps
- Problem: Option for 'Using a Template' to create web apps is missing from ArcGIS Online