FAQ: Is it possible to unfederate an inaccessible ArcGIS server from Portal for ArcGIS?
Is it possible to unfederate an inaccessible ArcGIS server from Portal for ArcGIS?
Yes, it is possible to unfederate an inaccessible ArcGIS server from the federated servers list in Portal for ArcGIS. In the event an ArcGIS Server is no longer accessible and cannot be restarted, the server can be manually removed from the federated server's list of Portal for ArcGIS.
During the standard unfederation process, the Portal Admin API is required to communicate with the ArcGIS Server Admin API. If ArcGIS Server is down, communication is not possible as ArcGIS Server Admin API is unavailable.
To manually unregister an inaccessible ArcGIS Server from ArcGIS Portal Directory, follow the steps below.
- Log in to the ArcGIS Portal Directory endpoint with an administrator account. Below is an example of the URL:
- In the ArcGIS Portal Directory, under the Child Resources section, click Portals.
- On the Root page, click Self. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Servers.
- Select the server to unregister from the Server List.
- Click UnRegister Server to unregister the selected server.
- The ArcGIS Server is removed from the federated servers list.
- Portal for ArcGIS: Federate an ArcGIS Server site with your portal
- Portal for ArcGIS: Administer a federated server
- Portal for ArcGIS: Common problems and solutions
Last Published: 4/6/2021
Article ID: 000019457
Software: Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1, 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7, 10.6.1, 10.6, 10.5.1, 10.5, 10.4.1, 10.4, 10.3.1, 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2