FAQ: Is it possible to unfederate an inaccessible ArcGIS server from Portal for ArcGIS?
Is it possible to unfederate an inaccessible ArcGIS server from Portal for ArcGIS?
Yes, it is possible to unfederate an inaccessible ArcGIS server from the federated servers list in Portal for ArcGIS. In the event an ArcGIS Server is no longer accessible and cannot be restarted, the server can be manually removed from federated server's list of Portal for ArcGIS.
This issue occurs as during the standard unfederation process, the Portal Admin API is required to communicate with the ArcGIS Server Admin API. If ArcGIS Server is down, communication is not possible as ArcGIS Server Admin API is unavailable.
To manually unregister an inaccessible ArcGIS Server from Portal Sharing REST API:
- Login to the Portal Sharing REST endpoint. For example:
- In the ArcGIS Portal Directory, under the Child Resources section, click the Portals link.
- Click Self, and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click UnRegister Server.
- The ArcGIS Server is removed from the federated servers list.
- ArcGIS Help: Federate an ArcGIS Server site with your portal
- ArcGIS Help: Administer a federated server
- ArcGIS Help: Common problems and solutions