Problem: Rendering and drawing performance issues in ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and above
ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and above may demonstrate rendering issues and slow drawing performance. For example, when opening map documents, editing in maps, adding a data layer to a map, or adding a new map or layout. In some instances, one of the following warning or error messages is returned:
Warning: Symbology or layer properties for layer NAME are causing an excessive amount of draw requests. Consider lowering the feature count by changing distance visibility limits or changing symbology properties.
Warning: GPU resources exceeded. Consider closing some views or modifying layer settings to reduce the amount of data being displayed.
Error: Changes in your graphics hardware detected. Close and reopen your map views to continue.
ArcGIS Pro uses Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) to accelerate rendering. When the GPU resources have exceeded usage, the quality and performance of drawing and data rendering degrade. The graphics card must be updated to the latest version. If it is updated to the latest version but still returns the error message, this indicates the graphics card used is below the minimum or recommended requirement.
Solution or Workaround
Choose one of the following workarounds to resolve the graphics driver or update issue.
Download and install the most recent graphics driver
Go to the manufacturer website of the graphics card to download and install the most recent driver.
Note: The two most common manufacturers include NVIDIA and AMD (ATI). If the graphics card is on a laptop, go to the computer manufacturer website, such as Dell or Toshiba, to update the driver.
- To install the latest driver for NVIDIA, go to the NVIDIA website, and click Drivers & Downloads > Download the latest drivers here.
- To install the latest driver for AMD, go to the AMD website, and click AMD Drivers + Download Center > DOWNLOAD NOW to automatically detect and install the graphics driver.
Upgrade the graphics card
- Verify the system specification of the machine using the Can You Run It tool. Click the CAN YOU RUN IT? button.
- Upgrade the graphics card to meet the recommended system requirements for the specific ArcGIS Pro versions.
Note: Changing the Dedicated Video RAM setting may require the support of an IT assistant.
As a workaround to the performance issues, change the following settings in the display options in ArcGIS Pro.
- Navigate to Projects > Options > Display.
- On the Display tab:
- Change the Rendering quality to Medium.
- Change the Rendering engine from DirectX to OpenGL.
- Uncheck the Enable hardware antialiasing check box.
- Check the Clear cache check box.
- Click OK. The project closes to save the updates of the settings.
- ArcGIS Pro: Set display options
- ArcGIS Pro: Excessive draw requests
- ArcGIS Pro: Graphics adapter resources
- ArcGIS Pro: Graphics hardware change
- ArcGIS Pro: Compatible graphics adapter not found
- ArcGIS Blog: Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro
Last Published: 9/21/2020
Article ID: 000019368
Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.6, 2.5.2, 2.5.1, 2.5, 2.4.3, 2.4.2, 2.4.1, 2.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2, 2.3.1, 2.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.3, 2.2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.2, 2.1.1, 2.1, 2.0.1, 2.0, 1.4.1, 1.4, 1.3.1, 1.3, 1.2