How To: Customize the image size in the ArcGIS Pro pop-up window
In some instances, users may want to customize the image size in the ArcGIS Online pop-up window. Although the image is displayed based on its default size when configured using Image Options, it is possible to customize the image size by embedding a field containing customized HTML codes using Text Options.
Follow the steps below to modify the image size in the ArcGIS Pro pop-up window:
- In ArcGIS Pro, open the attribute table and add a new field.
- In Fields View, fill in the necessary details.
- Specify Field Name and Alias.
- For Data Type, select Text from the drop-down list.
- In the Fields tab, click Save.
- In the newly added field of the attribute table, insert either of the following HTML codes with the respective image URLs and customize image sizes. The HTML codes below customize the image size to 100 x 100 pixels.
Note: Image size parameters customized are the image width and the image height.
<img src="Image URL" style="width:100px;height:100px;">
<img src="Image URL" width="100" height="100"/>
The image below shows the new field with the list of HTML codes containing the image URLs and customized image sizes.
- In Contents, right-click the layer name and select Configure Pop-ups.
- In the Pop-ups pane, click Text and select Edit pop-up element.
- In the Text Options pane, click the Field drop-down list and select the newly created field containing the HTML codes. Selecting multiple fields containing the HTML codes concatenates multiple images in the pop-up window. In the image below, three fields containing HTML codes with the respective image URLs and customize image sizes are selected.
- Click Save.
Note: • When using Image to select the field containing HTML codes, the image fails to appear in the pop-up window. • Configuring the Source URL section in Image Options only allows the selection of a field, hence only one image is displayed. • Using Image Options, it is not possible to select a few fields to concatenate multiple images in the pop-up window.
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Pop-ups
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Configure pop-ups
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Open tabular data
- ArcGIS Blog: The Power of the Pro Pop-up
- ArcGIS Blog: The New and Improved Pro Pop-up
Last Published: 12/31/2018
Article ID: 000019312
Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4, 2.2.3, 2.2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2