FAQ: Are Print Preview and Tile Map to Printer Paper options available in ArcGIS Pro?
Are Print Preview and Tile Map to Printer Paper options available in ArcGIS Pro?
In ArcMap, the Print Preview option is useful to view map layouts before printing. The Tile Map to Printer Paper option helps to organize and customize the tiling of map layouts. Large map layouts are usually tiled to print successfully without any missing content, and can be previewed as a precaution to avoid printing mistakes. ArcMap has the functionality to customize the tiling of large map layouts and provide a preview pane of the tiles in the Print window. While these options are available in ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro does not have as many tiling options or a user-friendly preview pane. The image below shows the printing options available in ArcGIS Pro.
As a workaround, export the map layouts to PDF using Adobe Acrobat. Tile and print the map layouts in Adobe Acrobat. For more information, refer to ArcGIS Pro Web Help: Share a map or layout as a vector format (EMF, EPS, PDF, SVG, SVGZ).
- ArcGIS Pro Web Help: Share a map or layout as a vector format (EMF, EPS, PDF, SVG, SVGZ)
- ArcGIS Pro Web Help: Print a map or layout
- ArcGIS Pro Web Help: An overview of the Printing toolset
- ArcMap Web Help: Printing a map in ArcMap
- How To: Print a large map as panels or tiles with ArcPress or ArcMap
- Adobe: Print posters and banners using Acrobat or Reader
- ArcGIS Ideas: Print Preview in ArcGIS Pro