Bug: Color Coded Layer geoprocessing tool fails to run from a Python script
An issue has been introduced with the ArcGIS Pro 2.2.2 patch that causes the Color Coded Layer geoprocessing tool to fail if run from the Python script with a locally installed Business Analyst dataset.
Note: ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 3 (2.2.3) was released on October 5, 2018. However it does not resolve this issue. Please use the workaround described below. ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 2 (2.2.2) is no longer available for download.
The issue is only encountered if the installed Business Analyst dataset has not already been accessed within the Pro session.The failure is specific to this tool and scenario and is caused by an empty data cache.
If the described failure is encountered, use the following workaround:
- Navigate to and delete any folders in the following location:
- Close and re-open ArcGIS Pro.
- Open the Color Coded Layer geoprocessing tool, and select a variable from the data browser.
This creates a valid data cache and eliminates the problem. Henceforth, Color Coded layers can be run from the geoprocessing tool from Python without issue.
- ArcGIS Pro Releases and Patches
- Color Coded Layer
- FAQ: What are the build numbers for releases of ArcGIS Pro?
Last Published : 10/5/2018
Article ID: 000019064