Problem: Performance issue when importing MXDs created in Business Analyst Desktop into Business Analyst Pro
With the release of the ArcGIS Pro 2.2.2 patch, Business Analyst MXDs can be imported and used within the ArcGIS Pro application. However performance issues were encountered after doing so.
BDS files within MXDs cause performance issues with the Pro application. Prior to 2.2.2, there was no way to automate their removal from MXDs.
Note: ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 3 (2.2.3) was released October 5, 2018. ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 2 (2.2.2) is no longer available for download.
Solution or Workaround
- Before importing, Esri recommends making a copy of the MXD and removing all BDS files to optimize performance.
- Once the MXD is prepared for importing, ensure that you first download and install the ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3 patch from the Esri Support Site.
- After the installation, open ArcGIS Pro and click the Insert tab.
- Next, click the Import Map button on the ribbon and select the MXD.
- This initiates the import process and adds the MXD as a new map to the ArcGIS Pro project.
- Once the process completes, save the project to preserve the import.
- After completing these steps the MXD and associated layers are available for use within ArcGIS Pro.