Error: A connection with the server could not be established (WinINet Error while using HTTPS security, 12029), URL=https://machine.domain.com:6443/arcgis/services
HTTPS web pages fail to load when accessed by an ArcGIS Server Account. In the ArcGIS Server logs, the following error message is returned:
Error: A connection with the server could not be established (WinINet Error while using HTTPS security, 12029), URL = https://machine.domain.com:6443/arcgis/services
In Windows, the ArcGIS Server Account is affected by various settings in 'Internet Options'. ArcGIS Server may experience problems when certain settings in Internet Options are incorrect.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- If the ArcGIS Server machine uses Internet Explorer 10 or below, upgrade to Internet Explorer 11.
- Launch Internet Explorer as the ArcGIS Server Account. To do so, highlight Internet Explorer, and press SHIFT + Right Click > Run as different user.
- Click the Tools menu in Internet Explorer. Select Internet Options.
- In the Connections tab, select LAN settings. Disable all forward proxy settings by unchecking the boxes.
- In the Advanced tab, click Reset...
- Close Internet Explorer and re-launch it as the ArcGIS Server Account (highlight Internet Explorer, and press SHIFT + Right Click > Run as different user).
- Access an HTTPS page (for example, https://machine.domain.com:6443/arcgis). The page loads.