FAQ: Is it possible to add a hyperlink path to a field in ArcGIS Pro?
Is it possible to add a hyperlink path to a field in ArcGIS Pro?
Yes, ArcGIS Pro allows a hyperlink path to be added to a field in the attribute table. This option adds a hyperlink for an individual feature in a feature layer, allowing access to feature-related documents, images or web pages when the pop-up window is clicked. Features without hyperlinks display null values in the hyperlink section of the pop-up window.
Follow the instructions below to insert a hyperlink path to a field:
- In the Contents pane, right-click the feature layer and click Open Attribute Table.
- Click the Add button to add a new field.
- Type the field name, and select Text for data type.
- In the Fields tab, click Save.
- In the attribute table, copy and paste the following string for the desired feature in the hyperlink field.
<a href="file://filepath" target="_top">hyperlinkname</a>
- Replace the file path and hyperlink name in the string, as shown in the image below.
- In the Edit tab, click Save to save the edits. Click the feature in the map window to view the added hyperlink in the pop-up window. Ensure that the hyperlink opens the expected file or website. Features without a hyperlink show null values.