Error: 001812: Unable to connect to the database used for scene caches
Attempts to publish a web scene using ArcGIS Pro fail and the following error message is returned:
Error: Error 001812: Unable to connect to the database used for scene caches
ArcGIS Pro is installed on a machine with Windows Internet Options settings that distrust the ArcGIS Data Store hosting server. This stops ArcGIS Pro from connecting to the data store because the cache is not generated.
Solution or Workaround
To establish trust between the ArcGIS Pro machine and the ArcGIS Data Store hosting server, whitelist the server URL. The following are steps to do so:
- Click the Windows button, search Internet Options, and open the Internet Options window.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select Trusted Sites and click Sites > OK.
- Uncheck the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone checkbox.
- In the Trusted sites window, add the following URLs:
- http://<domain name of ArcGIS Data Store>
- https://<domain name of ArcGIS Data Store>