FAQ: Is it possible to export map notes from ArcGIS Online?
Is it possible to export map notes from ArcGIS Online?
Yes, it is possible to export map notes from ArcGIS Online. Features created in ArcGIS Online through the Add Map Notes option, regardless of the template selected, can be used in multiple platforms (web, desktop, or mobile apps) when they are published as hosted feature layers. This is a convenient method to reuse the map notes layer created in ArcGIS Online in other ArcGIS projects.
Export map notes from ArcGIS Online using the steps below:
- Open the ArcGIS Online web map in Map Viewer Classic.
- In the Contents pane, identify the map notes layer, and click More Options > Save Layer.
- In the Create Item dialog box, fill in the necessary details, and click CREATE ITEM. A feature layer is created and is listed in the ArcGIS Online Content page. Share the feature layer to public or specific groups.
- Open the item details page of the feature layer and click Publish.
- In the Publish dialog box, fill in the necessary details, and click Publish. The feature layer is published as a hosted feature layer. Share the hosted feature layer to public or specific groups.
- Open the item details page and export the hosted feature layer to the desired format. The hosted feature layer is ready to be used in future projects on various platforms.
Last Published: 8/10/2021
Article ID: 000018680