Problem: "Invalid URL" error returned when using 'suggest' on a geocode service from a REST endpoint
The 'suggest' operation is a geocode service operation that produces auto-completed suggestions for the input text to a specific place or address.
When using 'suggest' from the REST endpoint, an invalid URL error is returned. The image below shows the suggest operation with the "Invalid URL" error.
The 'suggest' operation in the address locator of the geocode service is not enabled.
Solution or Workaround
The following instructions describe how to enable the 'suggest' operation for a geocode service.
- Create a new address locator.
- In the Create Address Locator tool window, check the box to Enable suggestions before publishing the locator as a geocode service. Click OK.
Note: Suggestions are only supported by address locators created using ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 and later.
- ArcMap: Creating an address locator
- ArcMap: About the locator properties
- ArcGIS Server: Geocode services
- ArcGIS REST API: suggest
- ArcGIS REST API: Suggest