FAQ: Is it possible to convert a map book created from Data Driven Pages in ArcMap to a map series in ArcGIS Pro?
Is it possible to convert a map book created from Data Driven Pages in ArcMap to a map series in ArcGIS Pro?
A map book is a collection of pages created with Data Driven Pages in ArcMap and printed or exported in various formats, such as PDF. It is not possible to convert a map book to a map series in ArcGIS Pro. However, the Data Driven Pages used to create the map book can be exported to ArcGIS Pro to create map series. To do this, follow the steps provided below:
- In ArcGIS Pro, import the ArcMap document (.mxd) containing the Data Driven Pages to a project. Refer to Import a map or a map package for steps to import an ArcMap document to ArcGIS Pro project.
- In the Contents pane, click the List Map Series Pages icon to view the list of the map series pages. Double-click the listed map series pages to view each page in the map series.
The image below shows an example of a list of map series pages in ArcGIS Pro.
The map series can be exported to other formats such as PDF and JPEG. Refer to Export options for more information on exporting map series in ArcGIS Pro.
- ArcMap Help: What are Data Driven Pages?
- ArcMap Help: Building map books with ArcGIS
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Map series
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Add maps and scenes to a project
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Search and navigate a map series
- FAQ: Does ArcGIS Pro have the Data Driven Pages functionality?