Problem: Clicking Undo on the Edit widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS causes the application to hang
While using the Edit widget to edit a hosted feature service in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, clicking the Undo button causes the application to hang and returns the following error.
Error: SEVERE <date>, <time> An error occurred. <hosted feature service name>.MapServer
This issue occurs if a feature dataset contains m-values, and is a known limitation. For example, when edits are performed on a hosted feature service accessed by a platform that does not support editing m-values, such as ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.
Solution or Workaround
There are two possible workarounds for this issue.
- Enable 'Allow geometry updates without m-value' in ArcGIS Server Manager
To configure the feature service to allow m-values, refer to ArcGIS Help: Configure editable feature services that contain m-enabled layers.
- Remove m-values from the dataset
An alternative is to remove the m-values from the dataset. Refer to How To: Remove Z- and/or M-values from a feature class for information and instructions.
- Esri GIS Dictionary: M-value
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Edit widget
- ArcGIS Server: Configure editable feature services that contain m-enabled layers