FAQ: Is it possible to create sites from a heat map in the Business Analyst web app?
Is it possible to create sites from a heat map in the Business Analyst web app?
No, it is not possible to create sites from a heat map created in the Business Analyst web app because the heat map is just a dynamic symbology option for the point dataset and the heat map polygons are not selectable features. A possible workaround is to create the heat map in ArcGIS Online using the Calculate Density tool and add this map to the Business Analyst web app to create sites.
- In ArcGIS Online, add the desired point data to create the heat map. Refer to the following document on how to add items to ArcGIS Online: Add items.
- Open the added feature layer in the ArcGIS Online map viewer.
- In the My Content tab, search for the added feature layer, and click the ellipsis icon > Open in Map Viewer.
- Run the Calculate Density tool to create the heat map.
- Click Analysis > Analyze Patterns > Calculate Density.
- In the Calculate Density pane, select the point layer from which to calculate the density.
- Optionally, select a count field.
- Set a name and location for the result layer.
- Click RUN ANALYSIS. A new feature layer is displayed in the map displaying the point density result.
- Log in to bao.arcgis.com and add the heat map created in Step 3 to the map within the desired project.
- In the project, click Add Data > Web Maps and Layers.
- In the Browse ArcGIS dialog box, search for the heat map, and click Add this map.
- Select the polygons of the added heat map to create a site. The created site is saved to [Project name] > Polygons (Sites) > My Polygons.
- Click to select the polygon or press Shift and drag the pointer to select multiple polygons.
- Click Yes in the dialog box to combine the selected sites into one site.
- ArcGIS Online Help: Calculate Density
- ArcGIS Online Help: Style location
- Business Analyst Web App: Select tool