How To: Use hyperlinks to view multiple photos corresponding to a single point
In some instances, when working with the GeoTagged Photos to Points tool, multiple photos may correspond to or be collected at a single point. For example, a tourist hotspot point on a map may contain multiple photos of different people, with different origins. In this case, hyperlinks can be used to view the photos.
The following instructions describe how to view multiple photos related to a single point:
- In ArcMap, navigate to the Table of Contents pane, right-click the layer containing the points, and click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog window, select the Display tab, and navigate to the Hyperlinks section.
- Check the Support Hyperlinks using the Field option from the drop-down list, select the field containing the photos, and check the Document radio button option.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Navigate to the Tools toolbar in ArcMap, and click the Hyperlink tool. For more information, refer to ArcGIS Help: Using Hyperlinks.
- Click on a point and a hyperlink dialog box opens, displaying the various photos related to the point.
- ArcGIS Help: GeoTagged Photos To Points
- Problem: Unable to add photos as attachments using the GeoTagged Photos To Points tool
- FAQ: Is it possible to enable or add attachments to a geodatabase feature class?