Error: Your user role doesn't include the create, update and delete content privilege
When attempting to export data using the Analysis widget in Portal for ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, the following generic error occurs:
Error: Your user role doesn't include the create, update and delete content privilege.
The error is caused by the fact that when the task is executed, Server sends a request to Portal's self page. This request must include a token so that the self page response includes information about the active user's privileges. When SpatialAnalysis tools are shared to Everyone, this request is sent without a token, which causes the response to leave out information on the current user. Therefore, this issue occurs when there is no token generated or passed by ArcGIS Server due to anonymous access.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this issue, follow the instructions provided below.
- In Portal for ArcGIS, go to My Content and select the SpatialAnalysisTools.
- In the Item Details page, select the Share button.
- In the Share dialog box, uncheck the Everyone box, and click OK.
- Restart Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server.
- Navigate to Window Services > Start > Start Search box > type services.msc, and press Enter.
- In the Name column, search and select Portal for ArcGIS.
- Click Restart.
- Repeat steps b and c for ArcGIS Server.
- ArcGIS Help: Analysis widget
- Portal for ArcGIS Help: Configure the portal to perform analysis
- Portal for ArcGIS Help: Perform analysis
- Portal for ArcGIS Help: Levels, roles, and privileges
Last Published: 10/13/2018
Article ID: 000017319
Software: Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1, 10.5