FAQ: Is there a way to add a GeoTIFF file to ArcGIS Online?
Is there a way to add a GeoTIFF file to ArcGIS Online?
GeoTIFF is the TIFF format with the ability to embed georeferencing information that allows geographic information to be associated with the data of the image. Due to certain limitations, GeoTIFF files cannot be added directly to a web map. However, there are ways to add GeoTIFF files to ArcGIS Online.
- Add the GeoTIFF file to My Content
In ArcGIS Online, upload the .TIF file to My Content. This allows the file to be shared with others for download, but does not allow use in web maps or applications.
- Publish the GeoTIFF file as a tile service to ArcGIS Online
Add the GeoTIFF file to ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, create a tile service from the file, and publish the service to ArcGIS Online. The GeoTIFF file can be used in web maps or applications. For more information, refer to: Publish hosted tile layers from files.
- Share the raster data as a KML file
- Add the GeoTIFF file to ArcMap.
- Convert the raster data to KML using the Layer To KML tool.
- Host the KML file on a third-party online application such as Dropbox.
- In ArcGIS Online, add the KML file via Add Layer from Web. This allows the raster data to be visible in KML format in web maps without hosting the map in ArcGIS Online.