Problem: Collector for ArcGIS fails to display symbology for hosted feature layers while offline
Layers that work in ArcGIS Online and Collector for ArcGIS while online do not appear symbolized when taken offline.
This issue is caused by filters and advanced renderer settings such as symbol rotation, symbol size, symbol-level drawing, or symbol transparency enabled for the layers. Advanced renderer settings are not supported in offline feature services. For more information on the advanced renderer settings limitation, refer to warning message 20027: Layer uses advanced renderer settings.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve the issue, use a dataset without advanced renderer settings. Select one of the following options before using the resulting web map in Collector for ArcGIS.
Remove advanced renderer symbology for the original dataset in ArcMap and republish the hosted feature service
- In the Table Of Contents, right-click the feature layer and click Properties.
- In the Layer Properties window, click the Symbology tab, and change selection in the Show list to Features.
- Click the Advanced button, and click Rotation from the shortcut menu.
- In the Rotate dialog box, set none for the Rotate Points by Angle in this option to remove the rotation field, and click OK.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for other advanced renderer settings.
- Click Apply in the Layer Properties window.
- Save and publish the feature layers into hosted feature services.
- In ArcMap, log in to ArcGIS Online by clicking File > Sign In.
- Open the Catalog window, and expand the My Hosted Services node.
- Add the hosted feature layers to the map document.
- In the Table Of Contents, right-click a hosted feature layer, and click Data > Export Data.
- Export the feature dataset to a new file geodatabase.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for each hosted feature layer.
- Open a new blank map document and add the newly-created feature classes to the map document.
- Ensure that the user is logged in to ArcGIS Online, and publish the feature classes as a new hosted feature layer.
- Collector for ArcGIS Help: Prepare maps for offline use
- ArcGIS Online Help: Publish hosted feature layers
- ArcGIS Desktop Help: Exporting features