Error: Opening an Excel file from Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS returns, "Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space"
In Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS, if an .xls or .xlsx form (XLSForm) file that originated from a source other than the local computer is used to create a new survey, the survey is created but Microsoft Excel may display the following error upon launch.
Error: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space. • To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. • To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are saving to.
Although the error message indicates or suggests a memory or disk space issue, because the .xlsx form comes from an alternative source (another computer), Microsoft Excel blocks the file from being opened through Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS.
Solution or Workaround
The instructions provided describe how to unblock the file and bypass the error.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the location of the XLSForm file.
- Right-click the name of the file > Properties.
- From the General tab, view the bottom of the popup where the Security information is listed.
Here, the following message is displayed:
Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.
- If the file source is a trusted, safe location, click Unblock.
- Click Apply and click OK.
- Return to Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS and repeat the process of creating the form from this existing file. When the survey is created, the XLSForm launches successfully.