FAQ: Is it possible to select features by location in the Business Analyst Web App?
Is it possible to select features by location in the Business Analyst Web App?
No, it is not possible to select features by location in the Esri Business Analyst Web App (BA Web App). The BA Web App interface does not provide the option to select features based on location relative to features from another layer. However, a possible workaround is to share the map to ArcGIS Online, and run the Overlay Layers analysis in the map viewer to select features by location based on the overlapping features.
- In the Business Analyst Web App, share the map to ArcGIS Online.
- Click Share map to ArcGIS.
- In the Share Map dialog box, provide a title, description, the relevant tags, and click Share.
- Log in to ArcGIS Online, navigate to My Content > BA - My Maps, select the desired web map to view the item details page, and click Open in Map Viewer.
- In the Content pane, click Perform Analysis > Manage Data > Overlay Layers.
- Select the layer containing the features to be selected as the input layer.
- Select the overlay layer.
- Select Intersect as the overlay method, and select the output type.
- Set a name for the Result layer name, and select a location to save the result.
- Click RUN ANALYSIS.