Problem: Unable to access Insights for ArcGIS
When accessing Insights for ArcGIS from Portal for ArcGIS, the following message is returned:
You're about to be redirected to Portal... Sorry, you don't have permission to access Insights for ArcGIS. Contact your ArcGIS administrator for access privileges.
Note: The steps included in this article apply to ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.6.x, and prior releases.
The issue occurs due to one of the following causes:
- The Insights for ArcGIS license in Portal for ArcGIS is not assigned to the end users.
- The Insights for ArcGIS license in Portal for ArcGIS is assigned to a Level 2 user without the Publisher role.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this issue, follow the instructions described below:
- Log in to Portal for ArcGIS with an ArcGIS Enterprise username and password.
- Assign the Level 2 end user a Publisher role. To do so, refer to Portal for ArcGIS Web Help: Configure roles.
- After assigning the Level 2 end user the Publisher role, click Organization > MANAGE LICENSES.
- In the Members section, select the desired Level 2 user and click Configure licenses.
Note: Optionally, use the Search by drop-down option to filter and select the desired user. In this case, ensure to check the Level 2 button.
- Check the Insights for ArcGIS check box and click ASSIGN to assign the license to the desired end user.
- Portal for ArcGIS Web Help: Manage licenses
- Portal for ArcGIS Web Help: Insights for ArcGIS
- Insights for ArcGIS Web Help: Get started
Last Published: 5/1/2019
Article ID: 000016197
Software: Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1, 10.5