Problem: Error 000837 when running a Geodatabase Administration tool
When running a tool from the Geodatabase Administration toolset such as the Update Enterprise Geodatabase License or Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool as a geoprocessing tool or a Python script, Error 000837 is returned:
Error: 000837: The workspace is not the correct workspace type.
The incorrect format of the keycodes file is selected as the input authorization file for the tool. The tool requires the .ecp format of the keycodes file as the input.
Solution or Workaround
Select the .ecp format of the keycodes file as the input authorization file for the tool.If users do not have an .ecp format of the keycodes file, follow the steps below to generate one from the keycodes file.
- In the machine with ArcGIS GIS Server installed with the keycodes file, find the keycodes file in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\License<version>\sysgen\keycodes
- Open the keycodes file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Save the file in the .ecp format by adding the extension at the end of the file name.
- ArcMap: An overview of the Geodatabase Administration toolset
- ArcMap: Create Enterprise Geodatabase
- ArcMap: Enable Enterprise Geodatabase
- ArcMap: Update Enterprise Geodatabase License