FAQ: Which ArcGIS Enterprise directories should be excluded for security or antivirus software?
Which ArcGIS Enterprise directories should be excluded for security or antivirus software?
Different antivirus and security software on the market and in computing environments sometimes detect ArcGIS Enterprise directories or components as a threat to the systems and networks with which they interact. When detected, the software may attempt to fix the ArcGIS Enterprise threat as it would any other, resulting in a partial or total loss of functionality for ArcGIS Enterprise.
To ensure the best functionality of ArcGIS Enterprise with the environment security, the following directories can be marked as excluded.
- <installation drive>:\arcgisportal\db
- <installation drive>:\arcgisportal\temp
- <installation drive>:\arcgisportal\dsdata
- <installation drive>:\arcgisserver\config-store
- <installation drive>:\arcgisdatastore\
- "%ArcGIS_Account%" is the name of the ArcGIS Service account
- Esri Technical paper: Considerations for configuring antivirus software for ArcGIS Enterprise hosts
- Welcome to the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder installation guide
Last Published: 12/5/2022
Article ID: 000015732