Problem: A layer from subscriber content cannot be viewed without logging in to ArcGIS Online when anonymous access is allowed
Although an ArcGIS Online organization allows anonymous access and the content is shared to public, the anonymous user cannot view the layers from subscriber content without logging in with ArcGIS Online organizational account.
Subscriber content requires an organizational subscription account to access and view, even if the layer is on a web map that is available to anonymous users.
Solution or Workaround
To allow viewing of subscriber content for anonymous users without logging in to ArcGIS Online, the organization that owns the web map must add the subscriber content and store the credentials of the organization.
- Log in to ArcGIS Online with an organizational account.
- Click My Content > Add Item > From the web.
- In the Item from the web pop-up, add the URL of the subscriber content. Refer to the following documentation for more information on adding items from the web: Add items from the web.
- Enter the credentials of the ArcGIS Online organizational account and check Store credentials with service item. Do not prompt for authentication.
- Click Add Item.
- Add the newly added layer to the web map.
- Share the web map to public. For more information, refer to the following documentation: Share items.
- ArcGIS Online Help: Subscriber Content FAQ
- ArcGIS Online Help: ArcGIS Server web services
- Esri Blog: Using subscriber content in Web Apps and Story Maps
- Esri Support: Problem: Login credentials are required to access publicly shared layers or feature services