How To: Use Google Drive photos in ArcGIS Online pop-ups
Images can be included in ArcGIS Online pop-ups by entering a direct image URL. These images can be hosted on ArcGIS Online or an external website, such as Google Drive and Flickr. The URL to be used in pop-up configuration must be the direct image URL. However, this URL is not given directly by Google Drive.
To get direct image url on Google Drive:
- Click the image on Google Drive.
- Click the Share button at the top of the page.
- Click Sharing settings.
- Click Advanced in the bottom right corner of the sharing box.
- Click Change....under Who has access.
- Choose On - Public on the web and click Save.
- Before closing the sharing box, copy the document ID from the URL in the field below Link to share. This URL contains the image id. For example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B14bzGsfJ06JMDF5Y2VsNU9FRVk/view?usp=sharing
- Replace <image_id> in this URL with your image id: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=<image_id>
- This is the URL to be used in pop-up media configuration.
- Add Flickr photos to ArcGIS Online web maps
- Tips for displaying photos in pop-ups
- Adding and using photos and images in ArcGIS Online
Last Published: 3/14/2017
Article ID: 000015466