How To: Download a local copy of a feature service into a workgroup geodatabase
Rather than save a local copy of a downloaded feature service to a file geodatabase, save the local copy to a local enterprise/workgroup geodatabase for continuous syncing. This is similar to setting up a replica.
There is an option to do this using the Distributed Geodatabase toolbar options. Adjust the setting to point to the database connection. This must be a database connection, not a database server connection. If it is a database server connection, right-click the database and select Save Connection to create a database connection from the database server connection.
For more information on database server connections, refer to the following ArcGIS Web Help page: Database server connections.
Add the feature services to an ArcMap session through a server connection.
- Enable the Distributed Geodatabase toolbar.
- Click the Distributed Geodatabase drop-down button > Options > Local Editing.
- Check the Store data in the following ArcSDE geodatabase check box and browse to the appropriate database connection.
- Select OK.
- In the Table Of Contents, right-click the feature service group layer > Edit Features > Create Local Copy For Editing.
Downloaded local copies of feature services are saved into the workgroup geodatabase.
- ArcGIS Help: About editing data from feature services
- ArcGIS Help: An overview of the Distributed Geodatabase toolset