Problem: The option to store credentials when adding secured services is not visible in Portal for ArcGIS
Credentials for services used in Portal for ArcGIS can be stored to enable future usage without having to log in every time the map is opened. However, there are certain cases where the option to store credentials is not visible, hence the credentials for the services cannot be stored.
There are several possible causes for this problem:
- The services are secured with web-tier authentication, for example, Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA). This behavior is by default.
- The services are inaccessible by Portal for ArcGIS. This may occur if the service is blocked by a firewall, or the services proxy is not configured correctly.
- The SSL certificate used by the service is not trusted by Portal for ArcGIS.
Solution or Workaround
Use one of the following solutions, depending on the cause:
- Disable the firewall on the web service. For more information, refer to the following Microsoft Help Document: Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- Configure the services proxy on Portal for ArcGIS. For more information, refer to the following Knowledge Base Article: How To: Configure a forward proxy server with Portal for ArcGIS
- Configure Portal for ArcGIS to trust the provided SSL certificates. For more information, refer to the following web help document, Portal for ArcGIS: Configuring the portal to trust certificates from your certifying authority
- Portal for ArcGIS: Import a certificate into the portal
- Portal for ArcGIS: Use your portal with LDAP and web-tier authentication
- Problem: The option to store credentials is not available when adding secured services in ArcGIS Online