FAQ: Does the Business Analyst Web App save the web map state upon logging out?
Does the Business Analyst Web App save the web map state upon logging out?
No, the Esri Business Analyst Web App does not save the web map state upon logging out. Although the objects on the map such as sites and layers are saved, the application is unable to save sites that are combined with color-coded maps. This is a known limitation.
After logging back in, it is required that the individual sites and the color-coded maps be reloaded. Additionally, any edits made to the map variables are also required to be redone to restore the web map state to the last known state prior to logging out. For more information on color-coded maps, refer to ArcGIS Help: Color-coded maps.
A possible workaround to save the web map state is to share the map to ArcGIS Online. To do so:
- Click Share map to ArcGIS located on the toolbar to the right of the application.
- Name the project > Share.
- Upon logging back in, navigate to Project > More Maps.
- Navigate to Web Maps > Browse ArcGIS > My Content > BA - My Maps.
- Select the web map shared in Step 2 > Add this map.