FAQ: Can Collector for ArcGIS edit a feature service from a file geodatabase registered to an ArcGIS Server?
Can Collector for ArcGIS edit a feature service from a file geodatabase registered to an ArcGIS Server?
Collector for ArcGIS cannot make edits to a feature class in a file geodatabase that is registered to a server. To use ArcGIS Server feature services in Collector for ArcGIS, the feature services must come from an enterprise geodatabase.
If the intent is to only use the file geodatabase as source data, an alternative is to consume that data in ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS Pro and publish the data as a hosted feature layer to Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online.
For more information on data supported in Collector for ArcGIS, see the following document: Supported data.
- Publish hosted feature layers in Portal for ArcGIS
- Publish hosted feature layers in ArcGIS Online
- Collector for ArcGIS Help: Create and share a map for data collection
- Collector for ArcGIS Help: Requirements
- ArcGIS Server Help: What is a feature service?
- ArcGIS Server Help: About registering your data with ArcGIS Server