Error: Operation is not supported under this configuration
If at any point of time ArcGIS Server previously had a publishing failure, subsequent attempts to configure ArcGIS Data Store with ArcGIS Server fails with the following error:
Error: Operation is not supported under this configuration.
The following are possible reasons for this error:
- A network timeout causes the ArcGIS Data Store configuration to fail.
- The ArcGIS Data Store service account, which is granted with the necessary permission, changes or is no longer valid.
- The ArcGIS Data Store server site is corrupted.
- The Data Store service and the ArcGIS Server service run on different accounts.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve the error, follow the directions using one of the options below.
- Grant permissions for ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Data Store, and ensure that ArcGIS Data Store and ArcGIS Server run on the same account. For more information, refer to the following link: The ArcGIS Server account.
- Reconfigure the ArcGIS Data Store.
- In the Start search box, type services.msc and press Enter.
- In the Services window, select ArcGIS Data Store Service, and right-click ArcGIS Data Store Service > Stop.
- Delete the ArcGIS Data Store folder from the default location, C:\arcgisdatastore.
- Restart the ArcGIS Server service in Windows services.
- Rerun the ArcGIS Data Store configuration process.
Note: This was reported as a defect with ArcGIS Data Store 10.4. The defect stands fixed and implemented with ArcGIS Data Store 10.5.