Error: Unable to synchronize replicas using a Python script
Attempts to synchronize replicas using a Python script fail, returning the following error message:
Error: ERROR 000582: Error occurred during execution.
This error can occur due to following:
- Some of the tables in the child file geodatabase are compressed. Compressed tables or feature classes cannot be edited, hence making the replica function is unable to execute. For more information on compression, refer to ArcGIS Help: Geodatabase compression.
- The desired replica is not specified accurately. Multiple replicas with the same name can exist in the system causing a conflict in the script when attempting to synchronize.
Solution or Workaround
The following are two possible workarounds depending on the causes stated above:
- Uncompress tables and feature classes
- Specify the exact replica to synchronize
- Manually synchronize the replica
- ArcGIS Help: What is synchronization?
- ArcGIS Help: Synchronization and versioning
- ArcGIS Help: Compression (Environment setting)