How To: Turn off DEBUG logging in ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension
The logging functionality in the GeoEvent Extension allows creating log entries with different levels of detail. The log level of individual loggers is adjusted via the log settings. By adjusting the log settings to log messages at DEBUG or TRACE level, the log verbosity can be increased to record extremely detailed information from an individual component. This is extremely useful when troubleshooting and diagnosing problems. However, it's necessary to set log level back to INFO or WARN when done, as this can affect performance of the GeoEvent Extension due to file build-up. This article explains the steps to identify the log level and turn it off for the individual loggers.
Verbosity of the individual loggers can be adjusted by modifying the 'org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg' configuration file.
- Stop the ArcGIS GeoEvent Windows Service.
- Browse to the GeoEvent install location to access the following configuration file:
- Open the file in a text editor. Scroll down to adjust the logging level of the ROOT or individual loggers. Set it to 'INFO', 'WARN' or 'ERROR' in order to reduce log verbosity.
- Save the edits.
- Start the ArcGIS GeoEvent Windows Service
- Extending the GeoEvent Extension - GeoEvent Extension SDK developer guide