Error: The number of licenses assigned exceeded the number available. Either deselect some licenses or revoke the licenses of other members
In some instances, when users attempt to log in to ArcGIS Online, the following error message is displayed:
Error: "The number of licenses you requested exceeds the number available. Either deselect some licenses or revoke the licenses of other members."
The following is a possible cause for this issue:
This error message is returned because the licensing privileges for an Esri premium app have expired. It is possible for an organization to exceed the number of licenses available, which results in a negative balance of available licenses. This can occur if changes are made to the maintenance agreement or if trial licenses are used.
Upon the expiration of any license in the organization, the expired license must be revoked to ensure that the organization's members are only assigned valid licenses. If the license assignments are incorrect, members in the organization cannot login to authorize any of the Esri premium apps, such as ArcGIS Pro, Esri Business Analyst Web App and Drone2map for ArcGIS.
Solution or Workaround
The following is a possible solution for this issue:
Revoke the license with a negative balance.
- Login to ArcGIS Online as an administrator of the organization.
- Click My organization > Manage licenses.
- In the manage licenses screen, select either ArcGIS Pro or Additional Products depending on the product.
- Use the Search by function to filter and locate the member of the organization.
- Click CONFIGURE.
- Revoke the expired license by unchecking the affected product that is causing the license to have a negative balance, and click Update.
Note: The REVOKE ALL option removes all product licenses and automatically updates the user with the new license settings.
- Log out and log in again to ArcGIS Pro to confirm the changes.
Last Published: 4/20/2017
Article ID: 000014679
Software: ArcGIS Pro 1.4.1, 1.4, 1.3.1, 1.3, 1.2