FAQ: Is the Find and Replace tool available in ArcGIS Pro?
Is the Find and Replace tool available in ArcGIS Pro?
Yes, the Find and Replace tool is available in ArcGIS Pro Version 2.5. However, for earlier versions of Pro, the .replace() function in the Calculate Field tool is an alternative solution to search and replace field values in an attribute table.
The following instructions explain how to replace the values of a field in the attribute table using the .replace() function.
- In ArcGIS Pro, right-click the layer in the Contents pane, and select Attribute Table.
- Select the field, and click the Calculate Field icon on the top panel of the attribute table.
- In the Calculate Field window, insert the following expression in the Expression box, and change the FieldName in parentheses accordingly.
- Type in the following expression in the Code Block box, and change the OLDVALUE and NEWVALUE accordingly.
import re def replace(val): return re.sub ('OLDVALUE', 'NEWVALUE', val)
- Click the Verify icon , and click Run to replace the old value with the new value in the attribute table.