FAQ: Is it possible to batch add attachments to ArcGIS Online feature services?
Is it possible to batch add attachments to ArcGIS Online feature services?
It is not possible to batch add or update attachments to a feature service in ArcGIS Online, and there is no direct way to accomplish this workflow. Users must add or update the attachments in ArcGIS Online one at a time in editing mode.
However, it is possible to add multiple attachments to a feature class using the Generate Attachment Match Table tool and the Add Attachments tool in ArcMap. Follow the steps below:
Note: The Generate Attachment Match Table and Add Attachments tools are only available with ArcGIS Desktop Standard or Advanced licenses.
- In ArcGIS Online, download the feature service to a file geodatabase without any of the attachments.
- Follow the process described in the following knowledgebase article, How To: Add multiple documents as attachments to a feature class, to re-add all the attachments.
- Once the previous step is done, publish the service to ArcGIS Online as a new service or overwrite the existing service.
- ArcGIS Online Help: Publish hosted feature layers
- ArcGIS Help: A quick tour of publishing a geoprocessing service
- ArcGIS Help: Generate Attachment Match Table
- ArcGIS Help: Adding attachments to features