Problem: Layer List menu button fails to display in a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) app deployed to IIS 7
When an application created using Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) is deployed to an Internet Information Services version 7 (IIS 7) web server, the Layer List menu button fails to display.
However, the functionality of the menu still works if the area where the button is usually located is clicked:
In Fiddler, the "404 error" is shown when accessing the following URLs:
The MIME types used, Web Open Font format (WOFF) and SVG file type, are incompatible with IIS 7, since IIS 7 is not configured for these MIME types. Hence, the three dots representing the menu button is not displayed.
Note: The WOFF (.woff) file is a font format file used in web pages, and the SVG (.svg) file is an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics with support for interactivity and animation.
Solution or Workaround
Use the following steps provided to configure IIS for the MIME types.
Open IIS Manager and select the desired Web Site Home. Refer to the following Microsoft web help document for more information: Microsoft: How to: Open IIS Manager.
- Double-click MIME Types.
- Add the two desired MIME Types, WOFF and SVG:
- For File name extension: .woff
- For MIME Type: application/x-woff
- For File name extension: .svg
- For MIME Type: image/svg+xml
- Open the web app and view the Layer List widget. The '...' displays as expected.
- Click the menu button to test and confirm its functionality.
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Layer List widget
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition): Layer List