Error: WARNING 000564: Input feature 0: falls outside of output geometry domains
Loading a shapefile with Z and M values to a file geodatabase returns the following error message:
Error: WARNING 000564: Input feature 0: falls outside of output geometry domains.
This error may occur if the spatial reference data (including the Z and M values) of the shapefile is high precision while the geodatabase can only store low precision data. A geodatabase can only store low precision data if it was created prior to ArcGIS Desktop 9.2.
For more information on low precision and high precision spatial references, see Working with pre-9.2 spatial references.
Solution or Workaround
When using the Feature Class to Feature Class tool to load the shapefile to a file geodatabase, disable the M and Z Values in the output feature class.
To disable the M and Z values:
- In the Feature Class to Feature Class tool, click Environments...
- Click M Values, and select Disabled under Output has M Values.
- Click Z Values, and select Disabled under Output has Z Values.
Alternatively, if needing to load a shapefile with Z and M values, the geodatabase must be upgraded to store high precision spatial reference data.
To upgrade the geodatabase:
- Open the geodatabase in ArcMap 10.1 or above.
- Right-click the geodatabase to upgrade and click Properties.
- Click the General tab.
- Click the Upgrade Geodatabase button.
- Click OK.
- Esri Support: How To: Remove Z- and/or M-values from a feature class
- Esri Support: Error: Falls outside of output geometry domain
- ArcGIS Desktop: Migrating to high precision
- ArcGIS Desktop: Working with pre-9.2 spatial references
- ArcGIS Desktop: Upgrade a file or personal database